Are they oil and water, cats and dogs? Or are they best friends? I'll go ahead and say both. These boys fight practically non stop. Pumpkin misses Mister all day long, and asks for him over and over. But when Mister finally comes home and gets off the bus, they're fighting before we even hit the front door again.

The other night Pumpkin started screaming and came running out of his room after they'd been in bed (or supposedly) for a while. He came tearing into my room in only his underwear, with spit all over his face and torso. Yeah.....brotherly love at its finest. Mister had apparently gotten angry and spit all over his little brother. Of course Pumpkin can be quite the instigator, but he didn't volunteer what he'd done to provoke the wrath of Mister.
I went back into their room to settle them down again and give them a good talking to about how we should treat each other and went back to my own room. Before I went to bed I went back in to check on them and lo and behold, they'd crawled into bed together and were snuggling up close, sound asleep.
That's the funny thing about these two. They fight with the best of them, but they do love each other fiercely. You should've seen the way Mister flipped out one time on a nurse who dared to give Pumpkin a few shots at a well child checkup. I've never seen him so angry at someone, and I've seen my share of his temper. :)

It seems that they are allowed to pick on each other and generally get under each other's skin (on purpose, many times). But when it comes down to it, they are very loyal and defend each other against others. While it can be exhausting to parent a duo with this dynamic, it melts my heart to see how much they really do love each other.
These pics were taken when I was scouting out a new photography location. I was trying to bribe Pumpkin into smiling for my camera and he was having none of it. Mister, my more cooperative photography subject, took him under his wing to try to sweet talk him into cooperating.
It worked and they both got their treats in the end. Aaaah, brotherly love. :)


2 comments:
Love between siblings will always be intense and it can go either way on any given day. The photo melted my heart and is a great way to start my day! I love my boys...always.
Hi! I found your blog link on Sheena's blog that I found out about today too! {not stalking you, promise!} ;o)
Post a Comment