
So you all know by now that Scott is looking to become a State Farm agent. Well, we heard about an opening in a town on the coast so we wanted to go check it out to see if it's an area that we could live in and raise our family in. Mister was so excited when we told him that he'd get to go to the beach that he held his little bag of beach toys on his lap the whole long drive there and was almost beside himself when we finally got there. Unfortunately there was a REALLY strong and biting wind blowing that day and Mister refused to even get out his toys to play. We were there for a grand total of about 15 minutes and he was asking to go back to the car the entire time. Pumpkin didn't cry or anything, but I doubt he enjoyed himself either, judging by the looks on his face in these pictures. 

As for the town itself, it was a great trip. It was good to drive around and look at the different neighborhoods and get a feel for the church there. I think Scott liked it more than I did, but we are still interested in the opportunity. Having said that though, we are still keeping our options open for other agency vacancies that come up and we haven't committed to anything yet. It's all up in the air really. Even if we decided to go for this opening, Scott would still have to interview and present a business plan, plus he'd have 9 months of training to go through before we actually moved, so any moving is still way far off. We're just kicking ideas around right now. But one thing we do agree on is our desire to raise our family in a small town. Scott grew up in a small town and loved it and I think it would be a wonderful experience for our kids (even though I've always lived in major metropolitan areas, Eugene being the big exception). Anyway, enjoy the beach pictures... :)


9 comments:
I read on Jenny's blog your comment about going to the beach last weekend so I'm glad you posted about it. Poor Mister, he needs a good beach like the ones in Hawaii. Wouldn't that be fun?! It's so exciting checking out future possibilities. We are so excited for your family. Hopefully something great will come your way.
These are Darling Beach Pictures! Everyone Looks like they are Freezing though! Poor Mister's Face is so Funny! He looks like I am Miserable "Lets Get Going Now"! I agree with Scott. It is Wonderful to Raise Kids in a Small Town. I Love Small Towns! Thanks for Sharing & Have a Blessed Day!!!
I suppose, as a parent, it might be nice to raise your kid in a small town... although speaking from experience, I couldn't wait to get away and find more people like myself. As a high schooler I remember thinking "this place is BORING!" ha ha! Now look where I'm at - the Oak is definitely NOT boring.
I can tell by the pictures that the wind was quite cold. I know how much Mister loves the beach so I will have to make a point of taking him to Seaside soon.
The Oregon beaches are so unreliable. It seems like 90% of the times we go it is freezing cold. I'm so excited for you guys with Scott's new job- you have a whole world of opportunities now! You guys could move anywhere in the country in the next year or so; what an adventure!!
Poor kids! It's always cold and windy at the coast isn't it!? That's why I love Florida beaches--so nice! Windy here too, but you don't mind!
I really hope that everything works out for you guys! I hope that you get the job you're looking for and that you can live where your family is happiest!
That reminds me of me when we moved out here...I expected the water to be so warm and everyone to be laying on these beautiful beaches getting tans. And, not that they aren't beautiful, but, they certainly aren't like the beaches in Florida!
These pics are hilariously cute! Little Mister has quite the animated expressions doesn't he?
Whatever you guys decide to do honey, I'll support you. Miss you.
By the way, are you guys coming down at all for Spring Break? Daniel is coming down with me to meet Elizabeth and her family. If you guys come too the whole family will be there.
Also looks like I'll be in summer school during the Montana reunion so I'm not sure I'll be there. Which will be a MAJOR BUMMER!
Love you tons!
Post a Comment