Friday, May 1, 2009

My Little Vampire

Ok, you can tell that Mister is a true Northwest boy through and through by the comment he made to me in the car this morning. We were on our way to my friend Lisa's house (thanks Lisa, we had an amazing time this morning!) for a play date and the sun was shining into Mister's side of the car. It wasn't full-on sun, but rather, the hazy-through-the-high-clouds sun, but apparently Mister has become used to (and actually a fan of) the gray days up here. So as the glorious sun is shining into the car I'm loving it and thinking about how soon before I can start tanning for the summer. And then Mister's cries interrupt my daydreaming:

Mister: No, no, it's too bright! Mommy, it's too bright! Make the sun go away! GO AWAY SUN!

He then proceeded to grab a blanket from in between the carseats and hold it up over himself so the sun wouldn't touch him. It reminded me of a vampire who was afraid of the sun or something! I was privately horrified - how does my son not love the sun after basically not having seen it since last October?! I didn't want him to say that because the weather can be so finicky here - what if the sun obliged his wishes and actually went away?! I have never been so pale and pasty as I am right now in my entire life. I am determined to live in my bathing suit this summer and get tan again! Mister - don't wish the sun away! The rest of us love it!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

We had a lot of fun today too. Thanks so much for coming down!

Lauren said...

On the bright side (haha, no pun intended), at least "mister" won't have any terrible sun damage like the rest of us sun-obsessed people!!!

Irma said...

Maybe we should look for a pair of sunglasses and he won't mind it so much. It is when it is right in his eyes that he does not like it. When he grows up, he will not believe he once wished the sun away!

Liz and Dad said...

I agree with Lauren. I have been a Sun Worshiper for years & between it & the tanning beds it is not good. I think the natural sun is healthy as long as we don't overdo in it. I use sun block now & it is amazing how I still tan! Love You Guys!!!