Tuesday, June 30, 2009

BBQ and Swimming

We had our friends Seth and Lisa and their boys over for a BBQ and some swimming in the kiddie pool for the boys last night and it was so much fun! Between us we have 5 boys aged 4 and under. They all did amazingly well and played nicely and shared toys, etc. We were all very impressed. We set up a big inflatable pool for the boys to play in and thankfully Seth and Lisa brought an air pump for it or I think I would've spent all day trying to do it myself with just my breath (and probably would've passed out in the process)! :) The water was pretty cold but it didn't bother them one little bit. By the end of the evening Mister was shivering and I asked him if he was cold. Through blue lips and chattering teeth, he swore that he wasn't cold, that he was really warm. Riiiiiight.




"D" going head first into the pool:



Back when Mister was a baby he was obsessed with pushing strollers around. He always wanted to play with his friends' dolly strollers and I really wanted to buy him one for our house, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy a purple and pink stroller for my little boy. So when I found this more boyish (blue and green plaid) doll stroller I jumped at the chance! Now Pumpkin loves to be pushed around the house in it even though he barely fits in it anymore.


I caught Mister standing on his riding car reaching up the wall and when I asked him what he was doing he replied (as if it was totally obvious and didn't know why he had to clarify): "I'm catching butterflies!" I just thought that was funny. His imagination is really taking off these days.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So cute! We had a lot of fun last night too. Great pics!

Amanda said...

I want that pool!!! That looks like so much fun!

Irma said...

What a fun time with friends and family. The pool looks so inviting!