Scott's family is really adventurous and they all braved the 58 degree water to go surfing and boogey-boarding. Yes they were wearing wetsuits, but still. I go in up to my ankles and after about 10 seconds my feet hurt so bad I'm nearly in tears. Ok, maybe not that bad, but it's definitely painful enough for me to want to avoid submerging myself in those frigid waves. The funny thing is, is when we were checking the surf report before leaving home Scott was talking to his dad about how 58 degrees was a great temperature for the water and they were so excited about it. HA! Apparently Mister takes after his daddy's side of the family because he also had a wonderful time splashing and playing in the ocean. He wasn't even wearing a wetsuit, but he had a great time attempting to body surf the itty bitty waves that came up onto the shore. They might have been teeny, but they were still freezing. He and his cousins rolled around in that water for forever it seems like.
Pumpkin is our cat (aka, very averse to water) so he just contented himself with playing farther up on the shore with the younger cousins and adults. I was super happy though because this was the first time we took him to the beach when he didn't try to eat all the sand he could get his hands on. I can't tell you how much more pleasant that makes a visit to the coast!
Of course all that playing makes for tired boys. They fell promptly to sleep once we were on the way home, but unfortunately it didn't last for very long. Mister woke up mad and screaming (and I mean SCREAMING) that he was soooooooooo hungry! Of course that woke Pumpkin up (who wasn't ready to be woken up) and made him mad too. Naturally we were in the middle of nowhere so we had a fun ride until we could stop for food a ways later..... But all in all it was a fabulous day!
Scott and me at the beach: I even took the time to use the hair straightener that morning. Fat lot of good that did me. By the end of the day my hair didn't look like I'd brushed it let alone straightened it and styled it. Oh well.

Mister lying in the Pacific Ocean: BRRRRR

Pumpkin was cooperative with pictures that day. Unfortunately Mister was the complete opposite so I don't have any nice ones of him. Only the ones I could catch from afar without him noticing and getting mad at me for taking his picture.




5 comments:
It looks like you guys had so much fun! I'm so glad the weather turned out to be so beautiful over there. We were pretty bummed to wake up to gray drizzly skies. Oh well.
How fun...I want to come next time.
Looks like lots of fun! It always took my breath away to see the pictures of Scott throwing Mister up in the air and now I did the same thing seeing him throw Pumpkin up! 2 yrs. ago on Mother's Day Adam and I swam in Table Rock Lake and it was 56 degrees. Your Dad thought we were crazy and it did take our breath away but was invigorating! Love You Guys!!!
Wow they are so cute, and getting so big!! I love the pics you are so good at posting.
Looks like a good time...but even with the sunshine, I won't go into that cold water. Mister is amazing in that respect.
Post a Comment