On Friday we took advantage of the gorgeous day and went out on a little mini-hike. It was so kid-friendly that even little Pumpkin could do it on his own and have a great time. The place we went had a waterfall trail and another trail that overlooked the river with historical and nature placards to tell us about the area. Each one was only 1/2 mile long and pretty easy going, so the boys had a blast. They really are at their best when they're outdoors. Good thing nice weather is on its way back to the northwest! :)
Here's a rare picture of all three guys looking at the camera and smiling! And check out Mister's U of A hat. Yes, I'm conditioning him already. :)
Mister and Pumpkin were so happy to be running around exploring they didn't have time to fight with each other. They actually enjoyed each other's company for a few hours straight. Let me tell you, that's a feat in our family.
The boys kept picking little wildflowers for me while we were walking around. And I don't care if dandelions really are weeds, Mister thought they were lovely and I loved seeing his face light up when he'd give me another one. Such a sweet boy.
And while I think that we live in an amazing country in general, you'll never convince me that any other part of the US is more beautiful than the Pacific Northwest. We thank our lucky stars every day (yes, even the rainy ones) that we live where we do. We have a great life. :)









4 comments:
Would so have loved to be on that hike with you all. We miss you, a LOT!
Wow...what and incredible day to share with your family. Looked like a lot of fun. I can't wait to have some time with the boys and get outdoors with them myself. Love you tremendously!
Such great pictures! I love the two of the boys loving on each other!!
What a nice way to teach the children about nature and our beautiful land of enchantment, to be explored by the young. They must've learned so much that day about being a family and doing things together to make lasting memorable memories. You and Scott are the best of parents. Love you all!
Post a Comment