Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Very Spidey Birthday



Mister had a very specific theme in mind for his party this year. He's obessed with Spiderman lately, so he got lots of Spiderman gifts. Not only did he get this awesome costume from Grandma (which he lives in, btw), but he also got a Spiderman tracing pad, Spiderman sunglasses and a Spiderman beanie. Combine that with the Spiderman dvds that he got for Chrismtas from his Uncle Kiel and you've got one happy kid! :) He's really sweet though, when it comes to presents. He's just so grateful for anything he gets. We got him some shirts, which aren't very exciting for a 6 year old, but which were badly needed and he was so happy to have them. It was heartwarming to watch.


Pumpkin's birthday theme was Thomas the Train, but he had such a hard time turning 3 this year we didn't really get any good pictures of him. At least none where he was happy, so this is a Mister-only post. Pumpkin is having a hard time not being the baby in the family anymore. He kept saying "I don't want to have a birthday! I don't want to turn 3! I'm just a baby!" Needless to say he wasn't happy about being sung to. And he refused to talk to any of the people who called to wish him a happy birthday. He was like an ostrich with his head in the sand - in total denial.  He did like his presents, though. :)

3 comments:

miss k said...

Aww, the poor little guy. He's already having middle child pangs.

I love how mister already has the spidey web-slinging hand move down!

James and Elizabeth said...

I just love that kid. He is so adorable.

Irma said...

I really enjoyed celebrating their birthday's with the boys! And I empathize with Pumpkin...I want to stay my current age too...but for different reasons! :-)